Monday, October 22, 2007

The Wait . . .

This is one of my recent poem. The theme was again an inspiration from another poem which I read.
This poem is a long wait by a lover to see his/her love. A short and sweet description... Very very light poem..

The Wait
I wait for you,
near the red PostBox

anxious to see your face.

I stand and watch,
looking for the first sign of your arrival.

I finally see you,
All dressed in shining black

My pulse races and I crack a smile,
this is what I've been waiting for.

You begin to approach,
you say, "Sorry, I'm late."

I say, "No problem."
But I think to myself, ' I could've waited forever.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet and simple

no need for heavy words , liked it.

Harit said...

good filmy style poem!! good... really simple and sweet.

murtz99 said...

this show love n madness have choli daaman ka saath type of relation