Monday, October 22, 2007

Lonesome Nights

This poem was inspired by an article which talked about love and friendship. It started with "Lonesome night....".

This is a sad poem. I wrote it in the year 2002. In this poem I have tried to imagine the situation of a newly heart broken. Each night the person thinks of what happened, Why it happened, Was it right, Future?...The poem describes the situation and the trauma faced by the heartbroken.

This style of poetry is something where this is no gender difference. After reading one can never say if it was a Man's heart or a woman's heart which is describing. These types of poems gel well with anyone who is reading it.

Lonesome Nights

These lonesome nights seem perpetual.
Reminiscence haunt me all throughout
I can't light this darkness anymore
Even a single firefly infatuates me
Bringing in hope for a new sun to shine
But hopes are mere hypothetical
A deep conflict within me commences
Between my mind and heart
Both speak a different language.
I lie down on my bed with clairvoyant powers
Virtual clairvoyance!
I go in a state of trance
I feel butterflies in my stomach
Diving into the unplumbed depths
Of the fascinating ceiling above me
I see, I see emotions
Tears run down from either side
Touching my ears and drop on the pillow
I wipe my face and stare at the mirror.
Red eyes brings a smile to my face
But seconds later tears replace this smile;
The immese pain wakes me from trance
I can't face the mirror anymore.
It sprays salt on raw wounds.
I wipe my face again and couch under the blanket
As a child seeking refuge in mother's lap
"O' Lord I am also your child.
How will I survive if this pain dwells in
The same place where you stay"
A beautiful breeze blows whistling
As if nature pats me and sings a lullaby
I fall asleep and morning sun rises
Putting an end to the perpetual night.
But another one yet to come.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

probably the better amongst the 3 poems here...since this one distinguishes between poetry and prose...the other 2 were frankly not very impressive...felt more like broken sentences with bad punctuations and forced rhymes...this one though is kinda nice...very slow and mysterious...